Saturday 12 January 2008

Chain Reaction make hay while the sun don't shine!






Not much to report I'm afraid. All this rain is not doing my biking quoter any good at all. Not that I'm a fair weather biker but too much mud is not good. So most of the riding is just getting out & about on hard tracks locally but thankfully jumps & drops can still be found with a bit of hunting around. Luckily Temple Newsam is close enough to ride to & those that have been there will know that it is all weather hard core so getting the wheels off the ground still keeps the springs bouncing & blood pumping. I don't think many people ride it regularly which is cool but it would be cooler to see a few more riders using it. The track is still in good condition, possibly due to the little use it gets. Credit has to be given to the MTB Leeds lads & all others that helped build it - a good job done. But be warned if you do ride here just keep an eye out for the chavs that every place like this seems to attract. Not so long ago one came at me with a stick but bottled it. I jumped off the bike & chased them but they soon dissapeared, but I have heard stories of young lads getting jumped & their bikes knicked. So just take a bit of care & maybe don't ride it alone (unless battering chavs floats your boat).


The main problem with this weather for me is that it doesn't do my wallet much good either with regular visits to the Chain Reaction & Wiggle websites buying stuff that probably isn't needed apart from the wet weather gear of course.


The pics are from Tempy quite a while ago. It was freezing cold & out doing a local route on my then Specialized Enduro. Hope you enjoy! I did!

No comments: