Monday 18 February 2008

Wharncliffe Sunny Sunday

Another top day at Wharny with the sun blazing & temperatures hovering just above zero which stopped the ground from getting too soggy.
Bit of a reccy mission this one - looking a bit beyond the stuff we already know of. We all need days like these but it does reduce the riding a lot.
First time I've seen & ridden the 'No Human' track. Not my prefered choice of track, partly because I stoved my head into the ground going over the bars & Rob thought the best way to stop after the catapult shaped tree drop would be to stuff himself into a tree. Both methods produced very short stopping distances but added a few aches & pains. I don't think Rob found it quite so funny, although he fell even more when climbing up tracks. Not much flow to this track just very technical & when you fall it aint pretty.
Other tracks were fine aside from the slipperyness in certain sections.

I thought I saw my old Spesh Enduro Elite been ridden by I presume the girl that I sold it to. Hope she's enjoying it.

The others decided to walk back to the cars after Aaron's tyre split so I went for one last run & decided I'd get some helmet cam footage. Plugged everything in & set off - not the best run of the day but thought I'd get some nice vid of a hip jump until I got home & realised the lead had unplugged the second I set off. I knew I should have checked the length of those leads.

Top day had by all!!

No comments: